Position’s Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Develops and implements physical therapy treatment plans for assigned patients; evaluates and modifies patient care treatments as appropriate. Assumes responsibility for creating experience-based service.
- Consistently exemplifies “on-stage” behavior.
- Is responsible for creating a destination, experience-based service; delivers customized experiences using patient profiles.
- Completes initial physical therapy evaluations and develops a treatment plan of care for assigned patients; coordinates acquisition of needed adaptive devices, durable medical equipment and orthoses.
- Provides physical therapy treatment including gait training, transfer training, balance training, strengthening, stretching and other modalities.
- Documents patient treatments, initial evaluation, progress notes and discharge summaries in a timely manner and in accordance with Hospital policies and insurance requirements.
- Performs physical therapy re-evaluations to assess patient progress; recommends changes to the treatment plan of care as appropriate.
- Communicates regularly with physicians, interdisciplinary team members, patient families, insurance companies and others regarding patient’s treatment and progress.
- Instructs and teaches patients in safe transfers, activities of daily living, correct ambulation, therapeutic exercises and correct usage of exercise equipment; trains family members and caregivers on various therapeutic procedures and home exercises.
- Provides guidance to assigned staff. Duties include, but are not limited to, assigning and reviewing work, training, co-signing documentation. Provides supervision to PTAs and Rehab Aides.
- Schedules patient treatments/appointments along with referring patients to other hospital services.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs as required.
- Assists in maintaining therapy equipment and treatment areas; orders supplies as necessary.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization’s policies & procedures, and compliance guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|Education||Bachelor’s (or advanced) degree in Physical Therapy|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||
This position is located at AL!VE. AL!VE is an experience-based destination health park that provides inspiration and support for the greater Charlotte and mid-Michigan communities to transform, empower, and enhance their personal well-being.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: